Texas State Loans
College Access Loan (CAL)
The CAL loan is a credit based state loan program administered by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB).
- This loan is available to Texas residents
- Has a fixed 5.25% interest rate for the life of the loan
- A 3% or 5% origination fee will be applied depending on credit score
- Students do not have to demonstrate financial need to receive these loans, which may be used to cover all or part of a student's Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- For more information, visit the THECB website
- Please visit HHloans.com to apply
- All applicants MUST complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Private Loan Self-Certification Form requirements. Funds will not be disbursed to your student account until the online application is processed.
Texas B-On-Time (BOT) Loan Program
The Texas B-On-Time Loan is a no-interest loan for eligible Texas students. Under this program, if a student meets certain conditions, the entire loan amount can be forgiven upon graduation. For more information, visit the THECB website.
For the 2012-2013 academic year, students MUST have received the loan previously to be awarded a Texas B-On-Time Loan.
B-On-Time Loan Process:
- If you received the BOT loan in the aid year 2011-2012, you will automatically be considered (You will not be considered for this loan if you have not previously received it)
- You must complete all financial aid requirements as listed in your ESTHER account, and meet all eligibility requirements in order to be awarded
- Accept or decline the offered BOT loan via ESTHER
- Once the offer has been accepted, please allow 5-7 days for processing before completing the Online Alternative Loan Application Checklist. Funds will not be disbursed to your student account until the online application is processed
- A 3% origination fee will be applied.
- All requirements must be completed by August 1, 2012 in order for BOT funding to available by the bill payment deadline