This webpage provides links to information about Rice University on a variety of subjects. This information may be helpful to prospective and current students, their families, high school counselors and coaches, and prospective and current employees. This information is presented to comply with the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008, which requires institutions of higher education to disclose information and reports on various aspects of the institution's policies, procedures, operations and costs.
Non-Loan Related Disclosure Requirements
Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
1. Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
A Student Notification is emailed to each enrolled student annually. Paper copies available upon request.
2. Contact Information for Assistance in Obtaining Institutional or Financial Aid Information
Student Financial Assistance
3. Student Financial Aid Information: Prospective Students and Current Students / Graduate Students / Financial and Institutional Information
4. Notice of Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations- Student Notification is emailed to each enrolled student annually. Drug and Alcohol education programs counseling are available at BASICS (Brief Alcohol Assessment and Intervention for College Students). The Office of Financial Aid notifies students of their loss of eligibility and ways to regain, if those cases occur.
5. Study Abroad Programs Rice-approved programs are eligible to utilize the financial aid awarded. Speak with your financial aid counselor for more information on the Study Abroad Programs.
General Institutional Information
6. Privacy of Student Records – Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
For additional information on FERPA, visit the U.S. Department of Education website.
7. Consumer Information on College Navigator Website
8. Facilities and Services Available to Students with Disabilities
9. Student Body Diversity and additional information
10. Cost of Attendance
11. Net Price Calculator
12. Refund Policy, Requirements for Withdrawal and for the Return of Title IV, HEA Financial Aid
13. Textbook Information
14. Academic Program (Educational Programs, Instructional Facilities, and Faculty)
Undergraduate and Graduate Catalogs
15. Transfer of Credit Policies
16. Institutional and Program Accreditation, Approval, or Licensure. List of Accredited Programs.
For more information, contact the Office of Institutional Effectiveness.
17. Teacher Preparation Program Report
18. Copyright Infringement Policies and Sanctions (Including Computer Use and File Sharing)
19. Vision for the Rice University Second Century, Student Handbook, Faculty Handbook,
Health and Safety
20. Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program.
Student Notification is emailed to each enrolled student annually. Drug and Alcohol education programs counseling are available at BASICS (Brief Alcohol Assessment and Intervention for College Students). The Office of Financial Aid notifies students of their loss of eligibility and ways to regain, if those cases occur.
21. Vaccinations Policies
22. Security Report, Timely Warnings, (Emergency Notification System and Evacuation Procedures), and Crime Log
A Student Notification is emailed to current and prospective campus community members.
23. Security Report − Missing Person Notification Policy
This notice is emailed directly to students and employees.
24. Fire Safety Report and Fire Log
25. Information for Crime Victims About Disciplinary Hearings
26. Retention Rates and additional information.
27. Completion/Graduation and Transfer-out Rates (Including Disaggregated Completion/Graduation Rates) and College Navigator
28. Placement in Employment
29. Job Placement Rates
30. Types of Graduate and Professional Education In Which the Institution's Graduates Enroll.
Intercollegiate Athletic Program
31. Intercollegiate Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data and Academic Success.
32. Completion/Graduation and Transfer-out Rates for Students Receiving Athletically Related Student Aid (Including Disaggregated Completion/Graduation Rates).
33. Voter Registration Forms- Registration cards are available in the Fondren Library, Student Center Information Desk, All coordinator offices, and the Rice Welcome Center. (http://www.hctax.net/Voter/Registration).
Disclosure Requirements Relating to Education Loans
L-1 State and Federal Grant Assistance for Undergraduates / Graduates
L-2 Federal Student Loan Information (including a link to Publications by Dept of Education)
L-3 National Student Loan Data System
L-4 Entrance Counseling for Student Borrowers
L-5 Exit Counseling for Student Borrowers
L-6 Private Education Loan Disclosures (Including Self-Certification Form)
L-7 Code of Conduct for Education Loans
L-8 Preferred Lender Lists – Rice University does not have a Preferred Lender List. We provide a list of lenders, which students have borrowed in the past. Our Private Loans provides a comparison tool for rates and benefits; however, students are free to choose any lender for private loans.
L-9 Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
L-10 Public Service Loan Forgiveness
L-11 Consolidation Information
L-12 Repayment Options for Loans
L-13 Deferment & Forbearance
L-14 Gainful Employment Disclosures: Rice University does not award financial aid to any students in Gainful Employment Programs.